Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baseball Game


Wow I've said this probably almost every post but I really need to post more often.
Also Thank you everyone for the comments on the blog they are soo nice.
Well what have I been up to this summer. Quite a lot actually. Unfortunately and fortunately I'm a Wisconsin girl, which I love, but I'm also a teacher, and we kinda got the shaft a bit this year. So even though I taught at a school in a wealthy area my school had to lay some teachers off this year and since I'd only been there a year I was one of the unfortunates. They would like me to keep coaching there and I probably will. I feel really bad for the teachers next year though because they have to lay off 15% of the teachers, which means class sizes of 40+, ick.
So while this should mean I have a lot of time this summer I kinda did. But I also did a lot of volunteering with the Boys and Girls club and other organizations so that ate up some time, and I played a little more baseball this summer than I had the last two summers. I do love me some outdoors and it has been a very nice summer in Wisconsin this year.
Well enough with that, I know my life is going to be fine and I'm going to work through everything. My resume looks better than ever and once positions open up in a few years I'm ready to pounce...like a tiger, or lion, or maybe a puma (I think they are cool, well not as cool as tigers).
Well my baseball team did really good for a bunch of former college players playing with current college players and we finished 2nd in the league for the regular season. Tonite though we had the playoffs and it was a semifinal game. We took an early lead but we only had one pitcher there tonite and they eventually took the lead. I hit well 2-3 with a double and a walk and 1 RBI and 1 run scored. But I came up to bat in the bottom of the 7th, down a run, with one out, with runners on 1st and 2nd. And I hit a hard line drive at the 2nd baseman who jumped, caught it, and doubled off the runners at 2nd who had just no chance. I KNOW it was still a good swing. and I KNOW there was nothing I or the runner could have done, but I'm still a sad girl tonite.

1 comment:

  1. Hate the "teachers get paid too much crowd" cost you your job. It is something I see here in my state. Hang tough girl. Glad you have had the baseball to keep you focused on good thoughts. Thank you for the update. Take care.

    ReplyDelete